Vintage Dirt Bike Q & A

Anything and everything about Vintage Dirt Bikes! After you Register, email nathan@alp-sys.com and let me know so I can activate you.
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ASM
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:56 pm 
You guys need to try Dave at AMS, service is great.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:08 am 
Hi everyone,
Yes weÌre here and moved into our new facility, but at the moment between electrical, and fire inspections do to the complexity of the shop. ItÌs been taking a lot longer than anticipated, and we all know how long it can take for city and government to get things done. I have hired two new people, Dave and Paul, really nice guys and IÌm glad to have them on my team. I would ask that everyone be patient as that the shop is not fully functional yet. WeÌre still taking orders and shipping everyday, but unfortunately some of our venders are not getting the products to us in a timely manner. I think everybody needs to realize that vintage motocross is growing everyday, hell I get around 5 to 10 calls a week from new customers, and thatÌs a good thing for all of us. I must confess we donÌt have enough time in the day to answer all the emails we get from people, and the best way to get a hold of us is calling the shop. I pay good money for the toll free number so all my customers donÌt have to be burdened with the costs of a toll call, and that number is also for information if you need it, Heck I donÌt care I love talking about these bikes. Ask anyone of my customers, that when I get going you canÌt get me off the phone. So if there is any people that have had a hard time getting through I apologize, but hopefully the extra two phone lines and extra people will improve on our response time, and if for some reason you get the answering machine PLEASE leave a message. IÌm thinking of staying open to 7PM PST and opening the shop up on Saturdays as well. I would like some feedback too see what you guys think? I also need to know another thing; weÌre getting ready to make the Thor swingarms for the CR250R and I need to know what do you guys prefer, the straight arm which you can use your 17.5Ìs on, or the banana arm which you will have to use the 15.5Ìs on? In my opinion the banana arm is the best setup for this bike, even thought the straight arm would be a major improvement over the stocker. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say, until then may all your motoÌs be good ones!

Don Brooks :D
Vintage Elsinores
http://www.elsinores.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:26 pm 

Don,

Thanks for posting here and explaining the situation. I know it's more than we will get from R-R.

The best way to make up for things that happened in the past is to offer fantastic service from this point on. Good luck in your new location!

J

#829 The "Factory Novice"

1988 Honda CR250RJ
1983 Honda CR480
1981 Can-Am 250 MX6-B
1979 Honda CR250RZ
1979 Kawasaki KX250 A5
1978 Husky 250CR
1978 Honda CR250R
1977 Yamaha YZ400D
1977 Suzuki RM125B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:20 pm 

Hi Don,

Long time no yak.

Good to see you on here.

Loren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:50 pm 

Thanks Guys,
It's been a lot harder than expected, itÌs almost 9PM here and weÌve just got half of the shops racks installed. THANK GOD!!! Well itÌs time to close up shop and get home, because it all starts again tomorrow. Thanks for the support, and I do appreciate any constructive comments in the future.

Don Brooks
Vintage Elsinores
http://www.elsinores.com