Vintage Dirt Bike Q & A

Anything and everything about Vintage Dirt Bikes! After you Register, email nathan@alp-sys.com and let me know so I can activate you.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:47 pm 

thanks again dogger315!! :)

Ive been using the KO link at this site: http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cr250_model219/ ... is this the correct parts manual then? :?

side note waitin on my 50pg original owners manual to arrive

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:05 am 

Yes, that's the correct one. KO = 73/74, M1 = 75. The "magic" numbers you're looking for
when dealing with a 73/74 are "357". That's the series code. Some subsequant codes will fit
as well, ie "380", but not in all cases like the "357s". The fiche CMS provides is the most
comprehensive one I've seen on the web.

dogger

2008 CR500R
2009 CR250R

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:14 pm 

small update, lost the oem crankpin auction on ebay awhile back(sold for $51us), I forgot about the auction... picked up a Hot Rod ck103 rod kit, pin, bearings, thrust washers, koyo mains and spacer plate off a marks mbr for a good price

also grabbed a repro front number plate and a decent oem right side number plate

repainted front fender and its decent but gonna have to redo the rear anyways hope to pull the motor end of Mar as it'll be warm enough to work in the garage....

I tried experimenting on scrap aluminum with the HTS 2000 aluminum alloy brazing rods http://www.aluminumrepair.com/video_new.asp and was really impressed with the results... gonna try filling some dents in the tank at work next week then to the buffing wheel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:57 am 

ok so that aluminum filler works but its way the wrong colour so I wont be filling any more rash on my tank with it :(

small parts update; received oem rod and oem crankpin couple months back, got a nice oem green/silver left number plate (still need a right), waitin on an oem killswitch to arrive... which should be here next week... still workin on bars and levers... scored a NOS chain guide for cheap last week and have a line on a decent used one plus pickle and bracket! :D

no real progress yet but heres a garage pic I snapped yesterday!

Attachments:
garagecr250m.jpg
garagecr250m.jpg [ 556.8 KiB | Viewed 5840 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:36 am 

got another pipe and sent it to motocrosspiperepair out of Nevada cause I seen some before/after pics and the fella seems to be a magician! Dieing to get mine back! In the meantime I managed to grab another tank and a couple more number plates which I STILL need a LEFT.... killswitch arrived it's sweet! nice CR front flap as well! still workin on levers/perches and a pickle and bracket...cant wait till spring to split the cases!

Here's a couple pics with her new clothes on!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:25 pm 

couple more pics from today, new aftermarket bars, levers and front numberplate got my killswitch on and swapped out the front flap as well! :D

had to buy an oem throttle tube off ebay today so my throttle grip is just "there" LOL!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:27 pm 

all oem engine seals and rod thrust washers ordered today, most from the dealer, but 91203-357-003 crank seal is NLA... luckily ebay came through with that one!

ordered main bearings at $10cdn each from local bearing supplier, koyo's, pick em up tomorrow! :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:43 pm 

oem piston pin bearing, re-mx clutch, throttle and front brake cables, and finally my prayers been answered as I also have a pickle, bracket and clamp enroute as well!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:13 am 

heres a pile a parts that's gonna be put to use here shortly! :D

all except those right number plates... still trying to trade one of them for a similar left fellas!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:50 pm 

dogger315 wrote:
Quote:
can someone help out with a link to a part number site please? :)

Looks like a real nice find. Click on the "resource" icon at the top of the page
when you first log on for a list of helpful sites.

Have fun with the project.

dogger

http://www.westernhonda.com/default.asp This sight has a nice parts list with anything you might need. It is hard to find a lot of NOS parts but if you work at it you can find most anything. Good luck and Happy riding!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:50 pm 

dogger315 wrote:
Quote:
can someone help out with a link to a part number site please? :)

Looks like a real nice find. Click on the "resource" icon at the top of the page
when you first log on for a list of helpful sites.

Have fun with the project.

dogger

http://www.westernhonda.com/default.asp This sight has a nice parts list with anything you might need. It is hard to find a lot of NOS parts but if you work at it you can find most anything. Good luck and Happy riding!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:15 pm 

dunno what's up with my nos twist throttle tube but it's a little tight in there and not sure if its fully returning, big scare as I figured to try and start this today (out of boredom LOL) and she finally fired up at 1/2 throttle!! shut her down and took apart the twist and hooked up some vicegrips and tried again... clickit :) will swap out my new cables this wknd and try and figure out the throttle

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:56 am 

new throttle cable installed and had to sand the tube down to stop it from rubbing... throttle now sorted! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:05 pm 

gone thru 2 more clutch covers till I got one with no leaks, finally found an affordable shift lever and managed to get it on but man it's tight! lever's a little on the low side but I aint taken it off and eventually mauling up these splines to try again! :(

still haven't rebuilt the engine yet... but she does rip up and down the neighbourhood! lol!!

Attachments:
cr250m1a.jpg
cr250m1a.jpg [ 1.44 MiB | Viewed 5591 times ]
cr250m1b.jpg
cr250m1b.jpg [ 1.44 MiB | Viewed 5591 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:50 pm 

been waiting for my pipe to be repaired for quite some time now and cant wait to get it back install it and my pickle!! In the meantime I've been keeping my eyes peeled for affordable better parts than what I have currently... managed a decent left and front number plate cheap (along with carb, throttle cable and throttle housing & tube), reinstalled original kicker and repaired it with the proper pin off the knuckle from the later kicker I had, cleaned shafts and painted shock springs... had to use an MT250 clutch cover but thems the breaks :( Anyways just had a lil rip on her!! she's lookin half ways decent! click on pics then click magnifying glass upper right