Vintage Dirt Bike Q & A

Anything and everything about Vintage Dirt Bikes! After you Register, email nathan@alp-sys.com and let me know so I can activate you.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:07 am 

Anyone know what they're supposed to be? I'm having a hard time finding that dimension through the internet searches.

I'm about to order some Race Tech shocks for my MR Cross Country race bike and I don't want to end up with one that is over 1" longer. They say 1/2-1" longer is ok though. Right now, I have the 13 series Progressives which are 400mm eye to eye measured off the bike. I like the length of these as they seem to give it a bit more travel and I like the way it turns. I never had stock shocks when I got this bike so I have no frame of reference.

The Progressives are so stiff, it doesn't sag at all on it's own. I put the softest springs they make for them and it'll sag very little with me on it. I did the ISDT Reunion Ride out in Oklahoma in October and the rocks out there beat me to death! Race Tech gives a good deal to AHRMA racers and having custom shocks is always helpful.