Vintage Dirt Bike Q & A

Anything and everything about Vintage Dirt Bikes! After you Register, email nathan@alp-sys.com and let me know so I can activate you.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:23 pm 

Greetings,

My newly acquired MT250's valve set float is shot (o ring has become part of the seat and is badly erroded), so I'm looking for a new one. The parts manual I have lists the assembly as : 16011-356-004. I've searched high and low for one (there's one on ebay that claims to be this part, and while similar...it ain't). Anyway, I've read some mixed reviews about the Keyster kits but the valve set float looks like a match. Some complain about the needle's being no good etc: what about the valve set float. Maybe I could find an o-ring and use some carb cleaner to clean off the existing o-ring remnants and reuse it? Anyone have an opinion?

Thanks

Attachments:
File comment: Here's the float valve "seat" with it's deterioration. If you look closely it appears gas has been leaking past the seal.
20161105_080947.jpg
20161105_080947.jpg [ 1.3 MiB | Viewed 2526 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:16 pm 

Ray answered your question about this, right? If not let us know. I took his advice about the eBay kit and it worked great on my mt250

Rick