Vintage Dirt Bike Q & A

Anything and everything about Vintage Dirt Bikes! After you Register, email nathan@alp-sys.com and let me know so I can activate you.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:23 am 
Site Admin

Hi Everybody,

You're probably wondering what happened to the Elsinore Forums, right? Well, because of the huge success of the Elsinore Forums, I've decided to extend this service to others of the non-Elsinore persuasion. I know a lot of you have more than just Elsinores laying around your place. This is where you can get all your questions answered in one place with one login. Your old Elsinore Forums username and password have been carried over into the Vintage Dirt Bike Forums so you won't have to re-register.

I have acquired a new domain, http://www.vintagedirtbikeforums.com, for these forums. This will allow other vintage sites to link to the Vintage Dirt Bike Forums easily, and will enhance their site as well. Spread the word amongst your friends and enable them to enjoy all the benefits you have been receiving from these forums.

In order to make sure these forums are not abused, Registration is required in order to post and reply. You can still view all the posts without registering.

Feedback is always welcome.

Cheers,

Nathan :D

Last edited by Nathan on Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:19 pm 

Where the content from the Reference section go? Did you roll it back into the new Honda CR etc...forum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Michael,

See paragraph 4 in the announcement above. I still have the data from the reference area. If there is enough demand I'll create a separate database just for any reference material, but only if it's not used for Q & A. The other option is to just add the data to the Honda area of the new Vintage Dirt Bike Forums. Any preference?

Thanks,

Nathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:17 pm 

One of the major limitations with all discussion forums is the arrival of later participants who post questions that have already been answered. We should have had the discipline to move questions from the reference section to general questions, and post responses to general questions of the "look in the reference section" kind. I am not aware of any web site dedicated to Elsinores that allows you consume technical content a la FAQ or technical guide before plunging into the discussion forum. This is common practice for companies using the web to help technical communities "help themselves". This requires a time investment that you probably do not have. You should put the reference content back into general forum if only because I (we?) do not have time to enter the same information twice. You will be unsurprised to hear that as a dedicated Elsinore/Honda owner broadening the site has zero value for me, while lumping all the posts into a single forum is a backward step. Opinion of one noted. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

Michael,

Here is what I've done. This solution will allow you to go to a dedicated Elsinore Reference area before going into the Forums area. I have added a new area to the horizontal menu called "Reference". This is a separate database containing only the reference part of the old Elsinore Forums.

Although it is set up like the other board, you will not need to register or log in to post a Tip or Trick in the Reference area. All the old data is in there so nothing has been lost. I hope this will solve this issue. Hopefully now that the Reference is separate from the Forums it will not be used for Q & A any more.

Thanks for your input Michael. It is always welcome.

Cheers,

Nathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:50 pm 

Cool.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:35 pm 

Is the reference section available? I searched the Honda forum. I looked for a horizontal option. I scoured the FAQ section. I know the answer is going to be obvious, but I just can't see it. Thanks! Jon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:58 pm 

Click on Reference in the gray menubar above...