Vintage Dirt Bike Q & A

Anything and everything about Vintage Dirt Bikes! After you Register, email nathan@alp-sys.com and let me know so I can activate you.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:19 am 
I just reacently bought this bike from my friend and it had been sitting for a while and have no clue what yr it is.i have narrowed it down to a 76-77 from pics I've seen of the internet and I have the VIN but no clue who wouuld know to give me a year mr175-1007192 that is on the side of handle bar and mr175E-1007254 is on the engine. also I dont have a clue what the mixture is I currently have it at a 30 to 1 ratio of mobile 1 fully synthetic 2-cycle oil but I still feel it runs rich. also I need to get a new clutch and throttle cable if any one has one for sale PLZ email me about it also I need a intake monifold (the part that goes from the carb. to the engine) b/c mine is dry rotted. if any one could help me it would be greatly appreciated thanx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:21 am 
There is an intake on Ebay right now that looks like it might fit for $10 if you can get to it in the next 15 hours.... Ebay...motorcycle...honda elsinore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:21 am 
On our MR175 the year is on the steering colum part of the frame behind the headlight. We use Belray synthetic at 37:1. Honda dealers in my area (southern Ontario) wont give me the time of day because theres no money in old bikes but I found a Suzuki dealer that was willing to help. Ebay is also good for used parts.Try looking at past posts to see how to fix your intake. good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:22 am 
I am not selling any parts but i had gotten a 1974Mt 250 through a friend of mine and it needed all kinds of new parts. I just went to my nearest honda dealer and they found the parts for me. Honda still makes most of them so you should scheck there to see first.