Vintage Dirt Bike Q & A

Anything and everything about Vintage Dirt Bikes! After you Register, email nathan@alp-sys.com and let me know so I can activate you.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pro Tec TT600
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:46 am 

I have a 77 TT500 and have decided to build an Aberg replica, can anyone give me some info on who may build replica Pro Fab swing arms, havent decided if I am going to use the TT frame or go for a Aberg replica frame, kinda considering the cost, I have found a place in Australia that sell the replica frames, just very expensive. THanks for the help

74 CR 250M
74 CRF 175
75 XR 75
77 ProFab Aberg HL500
97 Montesa Cota 315R
2003 CR500 AF
2004 CRF 450

Post subject: Re: Pro Tec TT600
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:41 pm 

You and I are both building an HL500 type bike on a budget. I ran across a picture of one a guy built using an RM400 swingarm from 1979 or so. I also read that the real benefit to the modified frames is the steeper steering angle. The 76 I have is suppossed to have a real slack steering angle that won't steer worth beans. The 77 isn't rumored to be much better. Hopefully the 79 rm400 swingarm and the 82yz250 front end combine to make it handle okay. The tripple clamps on the yz forks have much less offset which might help enough. I haven't a clue what length shocks it will need. Otherwise, there was an article about a guy who cuts the steering tube out and rewelds it at a steeper angle so he can use the stock frame. That sounds like fun. I can just imagine making a huge mess of that.

Anyway, good luck and post anything you find out!
Enjoy,
Jon