Vintage Dirt Bike Q & A

Anything and everything about Vintage Dirt Bikes! After you Register, email nathan@alp-sys.com and let me know so I can activate you.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HL500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:47 pm 

Hello,

I am getting really close to finishing my Elsinore restoration, with the help of many people from this site, Thanx for everyones input. My next project is going to be a HL500 and I am looking for all the info I can find on them, I have found a guy that builds replica frames ( from Australia and way expensive) and have read several articals on how these machines came about.

One missing piece of info that I havent been able to find is about the original frame that was used when Thorsten Hallman and Luddin built the bike for Bengt Aberg. I have read that they used a Husky frame for the original, but I cant find any info on what year or what type of mods that they did to the frame. I am going to have to do this build on a budget and I thought if I could determine what frame was used ( CR, or WR ) I could get started in that direction.

If anyone has any interesting readings, publications or just plain and simple input, I would really appreciate it!!!!

74 CR 250M
74 CRF 175
75 XR 75
77 ProFab Aberg HL500
97 Montesa Cota 315R
2003 CR500 AF
2004 CRF 450