Vintage Dirt Bike Q & A

Anything and everything about Vintage Dirt Bikes! After you Register, email nathan@alp-sys.com and let me know so I can activate you.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: carb setting 79 yz 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:35 pm 

I have a 79 yz 250 I just finished restoring last week and got some time to ride it befor it rained and I had to leave for AT for the Army. Right now its overflowing so I am going (fuel is shut off while I am gone) so I am going to get a neddle and seat for it but plan on ordering all the jets, needles, any thing els that need to be changed from stock.

Right now it has all stock jets and needle. I am running a DG pipe, packed muffler and Boyasen reeds currently. What has others used for the best proformance. Since I am gone from home I want this stuff at my door when I get home and dont have much time to be waiting around everytime I get the getting wrong not to mention the money waste.

I know the stock setting and it at there right now. Main jets is a none issue since I have the whole 400s and down to 380.

If any one know the best option to make it better over stock with the mods let me know.
91 oct 32:1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:49 pm 

Anyone please? I know there have been a few people on here who have the reeds, pipe, and jetting. I have 6 days unill I leave from Army AT. I want to get the parts if needed so I can have them by time I get home. Help save me some money and time so I can go ride the bike without problems.
Thanks