Vintage Dirt Bike Q & A

Anything and everything about Vintage Dirt Bikes! After you Register, email nathan@alp-sys.com and let me know so I can activate you.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: help if anyone can
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:23 am 

If you guys have not figured it out yet I m new to bike rebuilding. I picked up this bike to restore it.kinda a challenge to myself and a gift for my oldest and it was cheaper than the alternitive.I m a father of 2 boys,a wife and a dog.In the garage we got an 08 dr z70 thats the 6 year olds,a suzuki 80 quadsport 05 a warrior 350 05 and this odditty of a pe 175. In my other posts I was asking about Id and how to find it.Then the carb adjust screw broke and the throttle valve is siezed in carb.Well I ordered a new carb but with the limited info I have on the bike I don t know if the right one is coming.Took it to the bike shop and he orders me a 32mm. muniki I think its a 34mm is there a big difference? With the research I have found the bike is between 1980 and 1981. No vin # s found engine number but not frame number yet. Did findnumbers under seat but couldn t match with anything yet. Also the breather model matches those years.Any suggestions on where to look for frame numbers, If the carb size is right or if anyone can help I m on vacation this week and I am more stressed now than when I am at work

thanks the desk :? :? :? :? :? :(

Post subject: Re: help if anyone can
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:23 pm 

Welcome to vintage restoration. Your bike is made out of pure unobtainium. :lol:

Actually it isn't that bad, but it is that slow. I took the liberty of searching eBay for you and there are several PE parts including a carburetor selling right now. I just searched Suzuki PE so you will have to refine the search.

What may happen from time to time is you will wait weeks for a part to become available and be outbid by some last second bidder. Just the way things work.

On my Suzuki the frame numbers are stamped on the steering head under where the headlight would go.

Rick

Post subject: Re: help if anyone can
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:54 pm 

thanks I have been looking can t find anything that matches. The more I power wash the more numbers I find.I ordered a carb. 160 $ I think the guy I ordered it from is giving me the business. I still working on the other carb though ording carb kit myself.Thank for the help I will keep looking.I was on ebay before just trying to match parts. It has on the rear fork the gold belt line?

thanks
John