Vintage Dirt Bike Q & A

Anything and everything about Vintage Dirt Bikes! After you Register, email nathan@alp-sys.com and let me know so I can activate you.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1976 suzuki rm125
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:34 pm 

I just bought a 1976 suzuki rm 125 for my 2nd bike ever. I had a 04 suzuki drz-110 for my first bike to learn how to ride and this is my first bike with a manual clutch. I bought it at a local vintage dirtbike auction for 725.00 non running but great condition. They took the mint tank and side panels of to sell seperatly which ticked me off because they're very expensive. They did put on an old tank that was in great shape but had a crappy paint job on and drained it and the carb before storage. The seller went around to old dealerships and bought out all there stock and put it in storage so I basically got a brand new 33 yearold bike. It didn't take much to get it running just a new air filter, carb cleaning, and gas/oil, and cleaned the clutch because the plates stuck together over the years. It starts on the first kick and is a screamer... at least for me it will do at least 60 against my friends truck. Anyway to get to the point
I am looking for some old vintage racing parts for it/hop up kits. I need a front sproket cover for it and side panels and front number plate. I would also appreciate any old history or reading on it or just stories/tips in general.
thanks

Post subject: Re: 1976 suzuki rm125
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:32 am 

Check out http://www.vintage-suzuki.com. Tony over there has quite a few reproduction parts for the '70s RMs. He might have what you are looking for. Post up some pics!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:18 am 

Ya I've already found that website. I'd post pics but when I pull it out of my photos and put it in attachments it says it's too big. I'll screw with it some more but I 'm not sure I'll get anywhere.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:46 am 

You can try using a website like http://www.photobucket.com to host your pictures. You just load them to it and then copy and paste the image link into your forum post.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:56 pm 

I already have a photo bucket account for my other forums I have never been on a forum like this though. I'm not sure how this one works I think I have an Idea though i'll get it here in a minute.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:47 pm 

Ok here she is the tank paint job is way worse than it looks. I hope to have a friend repaint it some time. I needs washed now because I rode it it was kinda clean in these picks. I needs side panels and a sproket cover.Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:52 pm 

If anyone has an trick parts or hop up stuff for a 1976 suzuki rm125 let me know. Also if anyone knows how to clean off the "fuzz" on the front forks.