Vintage Dirt Bike Q & A

Anything and everything about Vintage Dirt Bikes! After you Register, email nathan@alp-sys.com and let me know so I can activate you.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:54 pm 

Hi,

I'm a long time vintage owner but new to Suzuki's.

My question is this...I've heard that when you order new RM plastic from Suzuki some of it comes in natural black color. When searching plastic parts for my 1977 RM125, 1980 RM125 & 1984 RM125 I see special notations (yellow triangle) next to the part numbers, whereas the original part numbers without this notation include the word, "yellow" next to the discription. Does this mean that these are now black parts, or just superceded numbers or yellow parts that will still fit these models? When I contact Suzuki or a dealer they have no idea what in the world I'm talking about. I understand that numbers without prices mean that the part is no longer available. I just don't want to go and order an expensive parts order and get parts I don't want and end up having to pay crazy restocking fees just because some parts manager with green hair doesn't have a clue.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:55 am 

I got a bunch of OEM plastic for my '82 RM250 a couple years back, and it all was solid yellow and looked great. I haven't heard anything about black OEM plastic, but if it's true that's a bummer. I'm sure CycleColor or others could hook you up and get it looking good, but it's just another thing to deal with / spend money on that you shouldn't have to.

My local dealer has been really cool about returns, especially if I give them a heads-up ahead of time that I'm ordering something I'm not 100% sure will work for me. The real PITA is online returns, where sometimes you've got a restocking charge in addition to shipping.

Ray

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:46 pm 

Go to Vintage-Suzuki and get your RM Plastics. They have what you need and it is all yellow. Unless you are looking for NOS original Suzuki plastic, they are the way to go. I have purchased many plastics from them and I'm quite happy with the results. :)