|Vintage Dirt Bike Q & A
|1975 Ossa Super Pioneer
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||OssaFreak [ Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:49 pm ]|
|Post subject:||1975 Ossa Super Pioneer|
- Very rare bike worth over $3000 if factory restored.
- Powerful 250cc 2-stroke engine
- Accompanied by a 5-speed transmission
- Recent complete rebuild done by Full Throttle X-Tremes
- New piston and rings
- K&N air filter and filter cover
- New exhaust springs and seal
- New Mikuni carb. with choke
- New boots between engine/carb and between air cleaner/carb.
- Runs best on Premium gasoline and good quality racing synthetic oil.
- Brand new racing competition NGK spark plug
- Has 28 horsepower at 6200 rpm.
- With fresh rebuild, now has around 35 horsepower.
- New throttle assembly
- New throttle, clutch, and front brake cables
- New clutch and brake handles
- Recent re-upholstery of seat
- Front and rear brakes work like new
- Clutch is working and no signs or wear were seen on it
Overall: I have over $2000 into the bike and almost all of the mechanical parts are new or have been replaced. Very strong running bike; starts every time and smoke is at a minimum. Lots of low-end power which is uncommon in most 2-stroke engines. But still has the high-end torque that the 2-strokes are known for. Engine does not miss-fire at any throttle, even wide-open. For best performance, I run a 32:1 gas/oil mixture and a racing spark plug. I was advised not to run any mix that is leaner since it is an older engine and is not built to run lean fuel mixtures. I also use premium gasoline and a high quality racing synthetic oil. Also advised by professionals to use premium to reduce engine noise and slight knocking that is common in older engines.
E-Mail at mailto:email@example.com or call at (814) 849-6309 and ask for Jeremiah. I am located in Brookville, PA
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group