Vintage Dirt Bike Q & A

Anything and everything about Vintage Dirt Bikes! After you Register, email nathan@alp-sys.com and let me know so I can activate you.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Greeves 380
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:53 am 

looking for the piston compression test ???? what the compression should read if rings are good or not please help

Post subject: Re: Greeves 380
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:37 am 

Good am,
We have 8 Greeves, 5 restored...all 250's. I love these ole gals:)
There are several great sources, have you contacted Greeves Guru Frank Conley, he was a factory sponsered racer in the day, went to Brittan factory for several months, type in Greeves guru and his site and contact info will come up, he can be a character so put on your thick skin :), he is just Frank and you grow to live him. The stories and history he has is amazing!
Also visit "Greeves Riders" site and forum, amazing folks and some works riders there, if the part isn't made, someone there has fabricated it, I have gotten several copies of factory drawings from there.

Good luck and wish I could have helped more.

We have a 62 MCS with blooie pipe :), 65 TFS, 67 american specification Wessex(totally froze all around, had to cut chain and tires off, torch piston out, spent 2 weeks spraying kreep oil on every nut n bolt before 1 even turned) she has lights, 67 Brittish spec Wessex (no lights, straight trial), 71 pathfinder...those restored, awaiting restore 68 ranger, mx3, and mx4.

Hope I can help in future.
Tammy