Vintage Dirt Bike Q & A

Anything and everything about Vintage Dirt Bikes! After you Register, email nathan@alp-sys.com and let me know so I can activate you.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1973 Cooper 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:07 am 

Hi everyone,
New to this forum. My neighbor just gave me a 1973 cooper mx250 and it is in pretty good condition, but I don;t know how much oil to put in the tranny. Anyone know? Or a place where I can get a manual for it, I can seem to find one.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: 1973 Cooper 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:33 pm 

Nice find. Good luck finding a manual but if my history is correct there may not be one available from the conventional sources. IIRC The bike was made in Mexico by an American enthusiast<racer?> but the company was short lived. You may have to contact someone who has the original factory service manual. From what I read at the time, the manufacturing would have improvements done ASAP and they weren't always documented. If a frame cracked in racing word would get down to the supervisor who would instruct the welder to lay an extra bead of metal kind of thing. There were at least two types of motor and if you are lucky you will have the Sachs: Lots of info available on those.

Rick