Vintage Dirt Bike Q & A

Anything and everything about Vintage Dirt Bikes! After you Register, email nathan@alp-sys.com and let me know so I can activate you.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OT - "Dust to Glory"
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:08 pm 

This is a film about the Baja 1000 made by Dana Brown, who also made "Step into Liquid". It is an awesome documentary movie. If you liked "On Any Sunday" you'll love this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:50 am 

concur - awesome movie! incredible rider tales! such as finishing the Baja 1000 with a partially separated shouder (very painful I know)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:48 am 
Site Admin

I agree. It is an excellent movie. Recommened to anyone who loves dessert racing.

Since this is bench racing and anything goes, I'll put one out to anyone who is also a vintage snowmobile racing fan. The original film of "A Matter Of Winning" which was released in 1971 has been found and it is now being transferrd to DVD, should be out anytime now.

You can get a copy of it at:

http://vintagesleds.com/store/product_i ... cts_id=126 .

I remember seeing it in the theater back in the 70's and it was awesome! I've got mine reserved. I'm starting to collect these old classics myself. I have a '71 Polaris 650 TX 2+1 Racer, a 1973 Polaris 440 Starfire, and a 1977 Arctic Cat 440 Z. Hey, Ya gotta do something in the winter! :)

Post subject: Re: OT - "Dust to Glory"
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:45 am 

Gidday from Australia, I agree it is way up there with the classics ,very inspiring for anyone with a passion for dirtbikes , taking on old mother nature and acheiving the reward of just finishing.It is the best yarn for us blokes down here just before we have a crack at " The FINKE desert race in Northern Territory,,, our version of Baja..