Vintage Dirt Bike Q & A

Anything and everything about Vintage Dirt Bikes! After you Register, email nathan@alp-sys.com and let me know so I can activate you.
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:04 pm 

Nathan:

Thank you, great site

My name is Lee Curry, owner of Proformance Cycle, located in northeastern PA. My shop sponsors the AHRMA NE vintage race at Allens Farm Lawton, PA.

I race and ride AHRMA NE MX and District 6, and (MAVT) Mid Atlantic Vintage Trials. I have my original 1974 Honda CR 250, and race it in AHRMA events! It gives me great pleasure to be able to race this bike again.

Where are you located, and how long have you been into motorcycles?

Lee Curry
c/o Proformance Cycle
58 Wyoming ave.
Wyoming,PA. 18644
570-693-5811
mailto:proformance58@cs.com

Post subject: Better late than never!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:11 am 
Site Admin

Hi Lee,

Sorry for the waaaay long reponse time. Your post slipped past me.

I have been to a few MAVT events, mainly as a spectator and flagger. The club I belong to, Potomac Vintage Riders, puts on one of the events each year. I tried the trials scene a couple years ago with a Montesa 348, but it just didn't give me the rush of Vintage MX.

I live in Springfield, VA which is just outside the beltway of Washington, DC. I came here on a three month government contract and nine years later I'm still here.

I started riding motorcycles back in 1971 when my dad brought home a brand new Kawasaki MT-1 Dynamite mini bike. I was in junior high at the time. By the time I graduated from high school I'd gone through 14 dirt bikes, including a 1973 CR250M I bought new. And so the love affair began...

I lost touch with dirt bikes during the go to college, get a career, plan for retirement years, but I've been back into them since 2001. An unrestored low hour '73 CR250M keeps me company in my living room. Of course I'm not married! I don't see myself losing interest in bikes anytime soon. I have been getting into the grey market 2-stroke street bike scene lately which has been a lot of fun. It kinda fits into my philosophy of 4-strokes are 2-strokes 2-many. :)

Cheers,

Nathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:48 am 

Nathan, sounds familiar! Seems like a lot of us have the same love affair.
It happened almost the same way with me.... started on a 1970 Honda SL100 and then then it was a Yamaha Dt-2 and it didn't stop til around 1980. College, career and then I found AHRMA at 50 and I'm back.
Rebuilding the bikes has been probably more fun than riding It seems the pursuit of parts and the finished product is the goal and riding is the reward.
I too want to thank you for putting together this excellent site and helping your "brothers" find each other for help and support of their love of motorcycles!!

#33m (retired)
Honda Cr250r 1980
Honda Cr250r 1980
Yamaha TY250C 1976
Arctic Cat 650 H1 2007